Friday, December 19, 2008

Married For A Decade

Can it really be 10 years that we are celebrating today? Are we that old? j/k Maybe it's because sometimes I still feel like we're newly weds. Then again that could be from being apart from each other for a year and year plus at a time. This year has certainly had it's tears of joy and it's heartaches. I'm glad that we can go through both and it has only strengthened us as a couple.

I'm so grateful to have you by my side again. It's been wonderful to watch you with the girls and hear their laughter when you play with them. I've loved watching you tuck them in and see you check on them as they're sleeping. It's been so nice to enjoy family dinners with you and go on walks when we're through. It's been a wonderful thing to hold your hand again. You wouldn't believe how much I missed something so simple.

I'm so glad my brother Tim and his family will be watching the girls for us this weekend as we head to the beach..one of our favorite places. I love you Darryl and I'm so happy to have spent the last 10 years with my husband and best friend.

12 comments:

Heather said...

What a sweet post. I hope you two have a great weekend!

Roeckers said...

Congrats!! 10yrs wow! How time flies when you are having fun.
Hope you enjoy your weekend away!

April said...

Happy Anniversary. You are such a bright spot in everyone's life you touch, I only wish you all of that joy!!!! Thank goodness for families and weekends away.

Crazy Herb Girl said...

It's so great to see pictures of your family TOGETHER! I love all the new pictures, your family looks so happy. On our tenth, we signed the docs for the house in DuPont. I don't know if Kent will ever be able to come up with something better than that! (But a weekend away would be a blessing!) Have lots of fun!

Unknown said...

Laurie and Darryl...rockin it since 1998!! Us too, we just had our ten years in Oct. Happy Anniversary.

Jennifer said...

I thought you were going to say it's been a decade since you posted:-) Congrats for you guys. 10 years is definitely something to been totally proud of!

SpaceyKasey said...

Congratulations! It is so wonderfully delightful to see Darryl in the pictures on your post now. You have such a darling, wonderful family. Our love and Christmas wishes from California.

Anonymous said...

happy, happy, happy anniversary! might i say you look absolutly gorgeous in the first picture...your eyes are glowing:)

Big O said...

yes, darryl does look gorgeous. and laurie is smokin' hot too. hope you guys had a fun time! and a great christmas. we miss and love you guys.

sixlayerdip said...

Congrats on 10 big ones! I hope the beach was great!!

Cathy said...

Happy Anniversary! You both deserve all the happiness in the world. Like Blaire said, you look so pretty in the first picture. I looked at it and thought, "Laurie is so pretty!!! It's just not fair."

rebecca and tim white said...

Laurie,

First, happy tenth anniversary (and all the other ones in between).

I saw your comment the other day on our blog about my dad; thanks for taking the time to find me and post.

I hope all is well in your world. Incidentally, please pass along to your husband my appreciation for what he does; it's tremendously important to me that people like him do what needs to be done for our country. I also know that your family has made sacrifices too, and I appreciate that as well.
Tim White