Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things I've Learned Since I've been 5


Cora really has achieved so much this past year. She turned 5 years old last June and since then has learned how to:

-Ride her bike without training wheels
-Swing on the swing without anyone pushing
-Dive off the diving board @ the McChord pool and Grandma's pool
-Touch the bottom of Grandma's pool in the 8 FT
-Reading all by herself, 1st 2 books: Green Eggs and Ham, Cat In The Hat
(I love that these were some of the first books I learned to read too)
-Tie her shoes all by herself
-Started playing soccer and scored a goal
-Will swim on our neighborhood swimteam next month

Sorry if this seems like one of those parent brag posts, it's more for our memories and everything she has accomplished in just this last year. Definitely a year of firsts that we want to remember. I'm so proud of you Cora.

7 comments:

Marie said...

Hey miss Laurie,
Long time no post huh?? I am so glad that you are doing so well and the girls are adjusting to Georgia so nicely!! Here in a couple of months we will figure out where are are off to next:) So exciting this whole new chapter in our lives!! Anyway Jamie flores has been trying to get ahold of you, they are in georgia right now and she could sure use a good friend like you!!! Heres my email address if you could drop me a line....
zinkandfamily@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Marie

April said...

Mom's are supposed to brag. Wow--5 is a big year. I guess I need to start teaching Elise something:) Good job Cora.

Jamie C. said...

Laurie your back! So happy to see updates again! Your girls sure have grown up! We wish Shay were around, Gwen could really use a girl friend around here!

sixlayerdip said...

Hey! You are posting again! YAY! How do you take such great pics? Do you do much color altering and such? Love the one of Cora and Shay at the top of your blog...how'd you do that? :)

Kauer Family said...

Your girls are growing so fast. I think it is so neat your girls are just like you and your sister one with brown curly hair the other with strait blond hair. I bet it brings back fond memories for you and your whole family. We miis you all and I love looking at all your photos. You are truely talented.

Cathy said...

Wow, go Cora! That is really big stuff that she has accomplished! I can't wait to see what Emma will learn this year! You should brag, it's your job!

SpaceyKasey said...

Isn't it absolutely amazing how much they change from 5 to 6? Paris and I were just talking about that. She's so darn cute.