Wednesday, April 1, 2009

My Co-Pilot


This has been an interesting year full of change. With Cora in full day kindergarten Shay and I have missed her terribly during the day. I do have to say I never thought I would have that special one on one time with Shay the way I did with Cora. During Darryl's 1st year long deployment it was just Cora and I and I called her my little co-pilot. This year I've been able to have that same special time with Shay. I look at Cora's schedule now with school, friends, and teachers, getting to see almost more of her than we do. I realize that time with her is precious and something I treasure more than I can express.
Lately Shay has been so much fun to run errands with and be my model when I want to practice taking pictures. I'm surprised she doesn't run the other way when I break out the camera with all of the pictures I've been taking lately. I do need to spend more time with her on her ABC's and 123's. It's just so much fun to have fun that sometimes it gets put on the backburner. She is saying the cutest things, she is so mellow, and she is such a snuggler. I will miss this special time with my girls when they are both in school. Thank goodness we still have the summer, then I get to enjoy more of both of them.

2 comments:

The Seaquist Family said...

Aren't you lucky she doesn't run. Ava...oh she sees the camera and takes off, literally. What a sweetie your new co-pilot is. I LOVE my time with just Ava. But she is not an errand runner at all. She is actually my worst shopper at this age. Funny, my only girl. Oh well. I just can't get enough of her. (oh, and love the sweater, we have it too!)

April said...

I love the picture of her in the store. So sweet, and it looks like you are shopping at some high class place these days:) I'm glad you get that time. I often wonder if I'll ever have it with Tanner. Oh well, I better start making the minutes count.