Saturday, September 22, 2007

“What is Autumn? A second spring, where the leaves imitate the flowers." -Albert Camas



So fall is here. One of my favorite seasons. I think I say that at the beginning of every season (except winter, but I take that back because Christmas time is one of my favorite times of year too). Some of my fondest memories of family and traditions involve fall and all that comes with it. The leaves turning colors....fall hikes. Sweaters. Family pictures each year in front of the big oak tree in the backyard. I'm kind of partial to our east coast falls in Maryland with all the brilliant reds, oranges, and yellows. Hay rides....hot cocoa. Warm indian summers with golden afternoons and football or soccer games in our back yard. As I get older the nostalgia of it all intensifys too. My poor kids. If you take a close look in the first picture you'll see Shay looking kind of upset that her Mom stopped the van on the side of the road to plop her in the grass and take a fall picture of her spontaniously. Fun fun. Good thing I had my camera.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Your pictures are beautiful!!!

Jamie C. said...

Wow, those are beautiful trees. Coming from California I did know what fall was until I moved to MO. Now in Washington, it is my favorite season for sure. I wish it would last longer than just a few short weeks! Kudos to you for pulling over and taking pictures, that's dedication! What a good mom!

Jodi Loveland said...

It was so fun to find your blog and see your cute girls!!
The Fall pictures are beautiful! It is still far from Fall here. Everything is green, the flowers are in bloom, and my air conditioner is still running. But I love flowers so I don't mind. I know it will come soon enough.