Friday, November 16, 2007

Disney Cruise to the Bahamas




A-maz-ing! It really was like a dream come true. First of all having Darryl there with us and the whole experience was so much fun. We really didn't want it to end, especially Cora. I was a little ify on the cruise thing since we had never been on one and Cora and myself are prone to motion sickness. We were wondering if this was a disaster waiting to happen. We were really lucky to just miss tropical storm Noel...wouldn't have wanted to see those ocean swells. The service was awesome from our servers right down to our room service people who left animal towels and chocolates on our beds everynight. The Disney shows in the evening were fabulous. I was really impressed. Cora came with Darryl and I while Shay went to Flounders Nursery. Cora was so cute and sang all the princess songs. Darryl was so impressed that she knew so many of the words. (ok-so I admit it, I was singing along too).
The food...now that is something in and of itself. Let's just say if you are on a diet you better have pretty good self control. Ever since I could remember I've wanted to see crystal clear water, the Bahamas delivered. Just beautiful. We loved being together and it was a wonderful way to create some new memories, especially ones to look back on and treasure these next 6 to 7 months until Darryl returns home again.

4 comments:

April said...

I was totally wondering if you were going to make your cruise. So happy you did. It looked like a fabulous time. Cora will be holding on to that for awhile. I hope you are hanging in there. Glad you get to stay with family a little longer to celebrate the holidays. Can't wait to see you in January!!!

Sara said...

WOW...it looked amazing. I am so glad that you guys had a great time. It really looked like a dream. We sure do miss you out here...come home soon!

Cathy said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! I love seeing the pics of all of you together again. Lots of fun memories for you all to reflect on. They'll keep you strong until the end!
Miss you!

Unknown said...

I'm glad it was a great time and I hope you have a fun Thanksgiving this week. We really miss you around here. Adam asks all the time when Cora will be back.