Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Another Birthday


So I've heard after your 30th birthday you kind of stop counting how old you are on the ones to follow. So even if I'm not counting any more it still turned out to be a wonderful day. My Dad and I went to the Orlando Temple (I can't think of a better place to be on your birthday) while my mom watched the girls. Talk about peaceful. I had a couple of special birthday emails and phone calls, with an extra long distance call from Darryl in Iraq. He also had flowers delivered. What a sweet guy *bonus points. My sister in law and my nieces and nephew came to have dinner and share some cake. We almost set the house ablaze with all the candles..and somehow I even managed to blow them all out. Guess what my wish was?!? So thank you to everyone who made my day extra special.
* And the best birthday present Darryl gave us both (his bday 4 days before mine). On our Disney cruise at their own island we had open air (in a private cabana)massages. While we were having all of our kinks and knots worked out from a grueling 8 month deployment and 8 months as a single parent, we could look out and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the turquoise pristine water and white sandy beach. A little piece of Heaven. Wish we were there now! Thank you honey...that one scored major bonus points!

7 comments:

mom said...

Happy Birthday! I'm glad you were able to celebrate in such a special way.

Roeckers said...

Good thing you blew them all out, Darryl may have gotten jealous of all the boyfriends had you missed a few flames.
Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy birthday dear Laurie, happy birthday to you!!!

amy said...

happy birthday laurie!!! Will was home for the first time ever on my 30th birthday, now its actually wierd to have him around for birthdays :). It's still hard though, you are a trooper! I'm glad you get to be with your family. That always helps. I love seeing your pictures, we miss you!

Sara said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Girl...didn't know you were turning 30 this year. I will hit that this coming April.

Jennifer said...

Totally awesome b-day present from your hubby! We miss you up here.

Holly said...

hi i was just wondering what was who wrote that love quote that you had on your site about a week ago. i really liked it and would like to know who wrote it please. Thank you very much.