Monday, May 5, 2008

Deception Pass

I wanted to post part II of our tulip fest before we head to AZ to visit my sister w/ more adventures and pictures.Here are the girls and I at Deception Pass. A bridge that spans this beautifully colored water, that I had read is the most photographed location in WA. Before we witnessed this site, I found it hard to believe. Especially with landmarks such as Mt Rainier and Mt St. Helens. Seeing is believeing. This stretch of land was amazing. The nature lover in me was so excited to see such breath taking scenery. The water and the islands were just beautiful. I definitely would like to go up there exploring again on the trails. Or maybe some bungee jumping. Doesn't that bridge look perfect for that?

Shay did not want to be held that day. Not a great place to be wiggling and squirming out of my arms. The scariest moment of the trip was when we were walking over the bridge, cars on one side of us, and huge death drop off the bridge on the other side. Shay just couldn't be content in my arms. She was wearing a wind breaker jacket that was a little slippery and I had to litterally hold on to her for dear life. We didn't make it too far across the bridge before we were headed back to a safe place. So long, to my calm mellow baby who always wanted to be held. Say hello to my soon to be two year old who is ready for adventure and has an adventurous big sister to lead the way.

4 comments:

Jamie C. said...

I've missed Laurie updates, I'm glad you added more pictures! It really was beautiful on the bridge, but deathly scary. I would have died if my girls were as wiggily as Shay was. And of course, you look beautiful in the pictures!

Anonymous said...

So cute. I love little Shay. What a wiggler--here comes those 2s. I'm glad you have a chance to go visit your your sis in AZ. Sisters are the best. Hope you have a great time!

Sarah said...

Bungee jumping? Really!?! I've been skydiving before, but bungee jumping scares the bejeebers out of me. You are one adventurous gal!!
Have fun on your trip, bring back some sushine for us!

Crazy Herb Girl said...

I blogged jumped about a month ago and found yours and read it. It's nice to be found and we would LOVE the chance to see your sweet family here in MT!