Friday, April 18, 2008

Tulip Adventure

Can I just say that I was in tulip heaven these last 2 days. We've lived in WA since January 2002 and this is the first spring I've been able to go up and witness the beautiful ribbons of colorful tulips up at the Skagit Co. Tulip festival.
Honestly, I'd like to think I might have been one of the many landscapers in the premortal existance. Not that I'm great at it here on earth, but to me, not a lot compares to natures beauty. So here are a couple of my favorite "still" subjects. The shots with my cute little moving subjects are yet to come. They definitely were not as cooperative as the flowers but you do what you can.

It was so hard to pick my favorite shots out of the plethera of pictures taken. I think these couple will be emailed off to the Costco photo dept and adorn the walls of my guest bathroom. This room is on my list to paint before Darryl comes home. I better get on that ASAP. (That feels so good to say). I was going to go for the beach theme..now it will be my tulip room. Hope he doesn't mind the flowers.


So when we heard that the weather on Friday up in Tulip land was going to be less than favorable, we ventured out just before dusk to see if we could catch a glimpse of the tulips. The best part to me was that we not only got to see the tulips but the tulips and the sunset. Two of my favorite things...together!

17 comments:

brett said...

Love your pictures! They are so beautiful! I think I will go next year with Dave. I changed my favorite flower from rose to tulip about 10 or so years ago! I think I love the simple beauty of a tulip. Roses are beautiful too but a bit more complex!

sixlayerdip said...

Oh, it looks like I published under my son's name. So, the brett comment was made by me!

April said...

You took some great pictures. I still feel a little cheated this year. But we have what, 3 more springs here:) I am glad you had a good time. Can't wait to see the other pics I have already heard so much about.

Sarah said...

Wow, Laurie. I didn't know before blogging that you had such a flair for photography! Those are great pics. And a I love the idea of a tulip bathroom--especially here in drizzly WA.

SpaceyKasey said...

Holy Cow! How beautiful.

I know I say this every time, but I find your blog so inspirational! I just love you, your positive attitude, and your phenomenal photography skills.

So happy Darryl will be home soon!

Jamie C. said...

Laurie I am so glad you guys had fun and saw the fields in full bloom! It's breathtaking! I'm glad you were able to see so many and get great pictures!

Jennifer said...

I wanted to go so bad but i couldn't bring myself to brave the weather. We'll try to go this next weekend. Hopefully there are still tulips!

Sara said...

I love your pictures...they make me excited about going. Tulips have always been my favorite flower. Having a picture of them up on the wall is a great idea. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Jodi Loveland said...

Wow! So beautiful! I have never heard of this place before. Too bad I missed it when we were there. You are a great photographer.

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with everyone else. You look some awesome pictures. I really want to see the other ones you took. Great work! Oh, and seriously, when you finnaly get around to painting let me know so I can get a look at the progress:) Did you do the bathroom?

The Long Family said...

Lori - they are so beautfil! You are quite the photographer!! Thanks for sharing!

Cathy said...

GORGEOUS! I'm so glad you were able to go up there and have a little getaway!

Amy said...

laurie those pictures are gorgeous! I want to go there! What kind of camera do you have? Those shots you got are amazing!!

The Seaquist Family said...

Looks like you got great pictures even if you didn't have ideal weather. We go on Friday and I can't wait. Last chance since we too are moving. I can't wait to see the tulips. I plan to put some of the photos in Ava's room...hopefully.

mom said...

Wow, what great pictures! A tulip bathroom is a great idea.

Roeckers said...

Reminds me so much of Holland. Love it. I had no idea it was so beautiful there this time of year.

Dents said...

so beautiful!