Tuesday, June 3, 2008

She's got talent


My sister Lisa that is. We just went to visit with her and her family in Arizona
and had a great time. But that is another post. This post is for me to commend her artistic ability and showcase one of her talents so that it can be in my journal and on my walls. I've always wanted to have visual talents. Unfortunately If I want to do better in that area I will have to take a lot more art classes because it doesn't come as easily as it does to my sister Lisa. Here are some pictures she drew of Cora and Shay. I have included the photos she used to draw her pictures. When I went to have them professionally framed last month the guy behind the counter was really impressed and said she should do this for a living. Hmmm..just a thought Lisa. I love you so much and I am grateful you have shared your talent with me. Thank you for these gifts that will be treasured all my life. (If we ever have a fire, *knock on wood* which I hope we don't, I'll be grabing them off the wall on the way out.)

9 comments:

Honeycombs said...

Fun to check out your blog. The pictures of your girls are great and Shay with the bow in her hair needed to be captured.
You can add my blog to your and I will add yours to mine.
Jamie

Sarah said...

Super cute, Laurie. Yeah, ask Lisa how much she would charge. I'm serious. How long did it take her to draw those?
And if you ever have that fire (again, knock on wood), just come running right on down to my place. We'll hook you up.

Rhea said...

those pictures are beautiful, Lisa did a great job!

The Long Family said...

Those are amazing!! She is so talented!! I am so excited for you that your husband is coming home too!! I hope it is a sweet reunion.

Marie said...

wow talk about talent!! THat is amazing!! So when does hubby come home, you and poor Jamie Flores i swear they keep pushing your hubbys to the back of the line. Well you sure are in my thoughts i hope he comes home soon!! Isnt the last week of the deployment to toughest!!! I hope it goes by quick!!

Alexis said...

The pictures are beautiful! I am so
excited for you and your family! What a wonderful reunion it will be! It seems to be so different when the kids are old enough to understand the coming and going and time frames! Good Luck! We will be thinking of you all this weekend:)

Sara said...

I would totally pay your sister to do drawings of my kids. She should definitely consider using that excellent talent of hers. Those drawings of your girls are amazing!

Jennifer said...

She is very good. They totally look like the pictures that you gave her. Wow I wish I could draw!

Dana said...

wow, I wish I could draw like that