Thursday, March 26, 2009

First Soccer Season and First Goal


I have truly enjoyed watching Cora's first spring soccer season. When she first adorned the uniform, shinguards, and cleats I felt like I was looking at myself about 20 yrs ago. I wanted to make sure this was something she wanted to do, instead of me just forcing her to play soccer. Cora came to some of the soccer games I played in up in WA and since then has told me she wanted to play too.


Her team has come a long way since the first few games especially for being one of the youngest teams. It's an under 8 league, with Cora not even 6 yet sometimes it looks like she is playing w. giants out there especially since it's co-ed. I was so excited to see her score for the first time on Thursday night. She kept saying..did you see me kick it in Mom? The Sonic drive thru was a definite stop on our way home from the game that night. She wanted a big chocolate shake to celebrate. That's my girl!

After her shake she says to me, can we play on the same team when I get bigger?

I'll have to get a new shirt, this one won't fit.

I'd be honored to play on your team my sweet Cora. sniff sniff *wipe tears of joy
Hmm...hopefully Mommy won't need a bigger shirt by then. ;)

7 comments:

Kauer Family said...

Great Job Cora!!! Looks like she is having so much fun. I am sure you are too but having a hard time just watching. Great photos! I love your photo blog. Miss you and have a great day.

Sarah said...

YAY!!! So glad to see you resurrected in the blog world--just in time for Easter, right? ;) And I love the pic at the top--so sweet.

Congrats to Cora for scoring her first goal, and congrats to her proud momma too. Isn't it great when they enjoy the same things we do?

Jennifer said...

I am so jealous that you get to be a sports Mom in better weather.

April said...

Does this mean you think you're 26 Laurie, she looks like you 20 years ago HA HA. So fun to share in a common love with your daughter. She looks darling and its fun to know she wants to do it. Cora always could keep up with the bigger kids. Way to go Cora!

Melissa said...

Oh how cute. What an athlete. Way to go Cora. That is big news scoring a goal. I have yet to score a goal on Saturday's soccer.

Fisher Family said...

April I love you..was wondering if anyone would catch the 20 yrs ago and do the math. It even made me feel old writing 20 yrs ago much less the right amount of time. Guess I better be more accurate w. my facts I wouldn't want to fib in my journal. ;)

Big O said...

laurie! that is so cool. what a sweet post. cora is so great. cute, cute pictures of her. so cool she is playing soccer and having fun. u might not be 26, but your soccer skills are that of a 26yr-old. booyah! soon cora can play w/ us!