Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hmmm....Something New



Ok everyone...Christmas is over and the next holiday on the loom is New Years. Often that brings to mind resolutions...and for me the ones that usually end up getting broken or forgotten. So this year I wanted to try something new. I want to see what kind of "different" new years resolutions we can all come up with that won't include losing those 10lbs gained over the weeks of festive Christmas goodies that were constantly beckoning us to eat them. Or going to the gym or saving money, you get the drift. For fun lets just set the bar a little lower and enjoy our new year resolves.

*So mine really should be the 10 lbs thing...but here goes

---As the night owl that I am, I vow to sleep like I've never slept
before.

So friends, family, talk to me...make me smile, I need some new year cheer.
Be creative and remember nothing like the usual.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Laurie I am excited for you to come home! I resolve this year to get up earlier and actually fix my hair! Ha ha.

Jamie C. said...

Funny what Jamie said, because I was thinking I needed to actually do my makeup more than for just church on Sunday. Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Every mommy with a baby is thinking it so I'm going to say it...I want to shower every day this year, but we'll see if Preston lets that happen.

Can't wait to see you Laurie!

Big O said...

Wow, that is a tough one. I'd say that this year I want to try something new everyday. Today's new thing I am going to do is buy a nice pair of black leather pants. Yeah, that would be nice.

The Fowers Family Website said...

Laurie,

It is so fun catching up on your family! Those girls are adorable!

Danielle

mom said...

My goal for this year is not to be so bothered by the mundane things of life--cleaning the house, fixing dinner, changing diapers, laundry, etc.--that I don't enjoy the miracle of having two babies in the house.

Cathy said...

Laurie, I'm glad your resolution isn't to lose 10 lbs because you don't need to! I resolve to play! That is, 20 minutes of undivided attention each day to play with each of my girls. (Secretly, though, I still plan to lose 10 lbs!)

Jennifer said...

I should say that I resolce to actually get dressed every day. I think the poor people at the grocery store and Chloe Clark are tierd of seeing me in my PJs all the time. Don't know if I can keep though. Losing 10lbs might be easier:-)

Esther said...

I am so busy doing housework, blogging, etc. I don't spend much time outside anymore. Once upon another life I spent most of my time outside my dream was to be a forest ranger, in fact that is what my degree program originally was. So this year I resolve to spend more time outside!

Roeckers said...

I love the picture of the girls watching the sunset.

I resolve to return peoples phone calls. (I hate to do it.)

I also resolve to pick my nose in public to see if it is as fun as my kids and husband think it is.