Monday, January 14, 2008

Goodly Parents



I truly can relate to Nephi when he says he was born of goodly parents. Their faith and example have always been a guide for me. In a special blessing I was given it was said that my parents would be some of my greatest supports in this life and that they have sincerely been. They have helped me during 2 deployments now. Granted the 1st time we stayed longer (actually the whole deployment which doesn't hurt, with them living in Florida ;). During this deployment they allowed the girls and I to come and visit with them while Darryl was on R&R at the end of Oct. and then through the holidays. With this visit there was definitely a variety of different emotions that were felt. Elation in seeing my husband and our daughters seeing their Daddy after 8months apart. The sadness we felt as we watched him go back. Missing him at Thanksgiving, for our birthdays, anniversary, and Christmas. While going through all of these things in just a 2 month period it was so nice to be able to talk to my parents and if need be, cry on their shoulders or get a hug. The most important times spent with them were spent together in the Temple. I'm so grateful for their examples in faithfully atttending the Temple every week. My heart is full of gratitude and love for both of them. Thank You, thank you Mom and Dad. I wish there was a way to say just how grateful we are from the bottom of our pea-pickin' hearts.

1 comment:

Roeckers said...

Well I must say they must be pretty darn proud to have you as a child!! You are a very inspirational person. They probably enjoy being able to see those grand babies, and to be the shoulder to cry on and the ones to give a much needed hug.

You are on the downward slide now!

Count your blessings...