Sunday, April 6, 2008

When Life Gives You Lemons


Gosh, it's hard to even put this picture amongst the rest I have on here. But things like this in life happen. Rough week last Friday, but it could've been worse.
It's always good to see the bright side of a situation right. Thank goodness no one was hurt. Now it's just dealing with insurance companies and such. A lot of little light bulbs went on for me after this incident. Why is it we learn so much more from the trials in life. I wish we could do all of our learning when everything is hunky dory. (Did I just write that?:) All in all I look at it as we really don't know when our time here on earth is finished. It can all be taken from us so fast. You always get those emails about living in the now and to tell the ones you love that you love them. As a certified procrastinator, this message came through crystal clear after this incident. Live in the now...the best you know how. Don't put off tomorrow, the things you can do today. Time to make the lemonade.

The Sunday after the accident we stopped to enjoy a little sun. It was nice to see the blue sky.

8 comments:

Esther said...

Wow! I am glad everyone is O.K. Thanks for the perspective.

The Long Family said...

Thanks for your post! I am glad that you are okay! Looks pretty bad!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree. Why can't we learn without the trials?

And yes, you did just write "huncky dory" --and I like it! I love reading you blog.

Glad that no one is hurt. Call me if you need a ride and call Drew if you need some one to talk to about insurance:)

SpaceyKasey said...

My heart ached when Isaw this photo. But then my spirits were lifted as I read your post. You are such an amazing woman.

We're so glad you're not hurt. Love and prayers to you from FL.

April said...

So cute to watch Shay imitate Cora in that picture. So glad you get your new car:) And I think DuPont should boycott busses!!!!! Love you Laurie, again glad you are ok. You definitely have angels watching out for you while Daryll is away.

Cathy said...

Really, what is it with the buses here in DuPont? You're right, there is no time like the present!
With phones, kids, busy I-5, snacks, drinks, music and conversation going on in the car I am really trying my best to be a more concentrated driver these days because scary things can happen. I am so happy you are all ok.

Jennifer said...

OK I leave town and you try to get yourself killed. Not good Laurie, not good at all. I'm so glad you all are OK. We almost got on an accident in California and I cried for the next thirty minutes. I see from April's comment that a bus was involved. I'm curious! Please tell, what are the stupid bus drivers up to now?

Jodi Loveland said...

Wow! I hadn't checked your blog for awhile and then I find this! So glad you guys are okay. What exactly happened?