Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring Has Sprung


I know I'm almost a week late with my title. For some reason I kept looking at the calendar thinking this Thursday was the 1st day of Spring. Oh well, at least I didn't miss Easter. Look at this beautiful patch of blue sky we saw this morning. I wanted to post an update for Darryl on the status of Cora's princess tree. I think I've mentioned before that is how she is monitoring the time when Darryl gets home. She knows once the blossoms have come and gone, then the leaves, then Daddy. She has watched out her window everyday faithfully since the first buds appeared. Just in the last few days it has really started to blossom. She is so so happy. The cutest thing is Cora trying to teach Shay the song Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree, hand motions and all. I'll have to try and get that on film for Daddy. *Good news from our FRG Leader yesterday, looks like his return date will be June 5th instead of the 25th. Of course subject to change few days before or after but that was wonderful to hear. Of course we're really hoping and praying he makes it home before the 11th of June for Cora's birthday. Horay for spring!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yeah! Twenty days earlier. How great for you guys to have him coming home before you know it. Do you get to stay in town for a while or are they sending you somewhere new?

Fisher Family said...

I know 20 days earlier is huge right?! We'll be sticking around till Oct. I'm so glad we have the summer here. We'll be moving to Fort Gordon, GA come fall.

Jamie C. said...

What a great way to have Cora know when it's close for daddy to be coming home! I'm glad that you've heard word about the date...I hope it stays that way. Maybe a few days earlier would even work? :) I'm excited for your family!

Cathy said...

Great news! 20 days IS huge. You are a rock!
I have always loved how Cora calls the tree a "princess tree".

April said...

Just for the background music, that is one of my favorite CD's . I am so happy for the news on Darryl's return, and find your spring post a little ironic due to you posting it the day it snowed:) Happy Day to know Darryl is coming sooo soon.

Anonymous said...

I love the princess tree! It is totally a popcorn popping tree:)

sixlayerdip said...

I'm so excited for you 3 girls!! Only 2 months and a couple days! I miss Dave so much and I just can't imagine 15 months! You ROCK! Hurray!