Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Big 1-0!

We've hit double digits! Thursday marked 10 months of Darryl's deployment. A big milestone for us as I remember him leaving that 1st day thinking it would be an eternity until we got this far. I know my posts can be so sappy but I remember that day so well as I had to pull over on the side of the road after dropping him off at the Air Base because I couldn't see through my tear filled eyes. To have come this far and still be intact, my kids still alive, and our house not burned down( knock on wood), I'm pretty happy about all of that. ;)
My friend Jodie just hit their 1 year mark for her husbands deployment, so I wish I could have waited 2 more months to post...but I was just so excited for this one. It's been 10 fast Sundays and 2 General conferences since he left. I love using those markers especially conferences because we only have 1 to go and 5 more fast Sundays. Just seems a lot more doable. Already January is more than halfway over and I'm thinking I still have a lot of projects to get finished before he gets home. I better get truckin'. Yay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Keep counting those Fast Sundays! He'll be home before you know it. Hopefully in time for a little softball:)

Jodi Loveland said...

Congrats!! Until you've been through it you don't really understand how big of an accomplishment it is-- but I know, it is! (I posted at 9 and 12 months) We count the Sundays too. I only have about 14 more to go. Since I'm the primary president now I now count Ward Councils too as those are the hardest Sundays for me--3 more!! Keep hanging in there. You can do it! Good luck with all the projects too. I've gotta get working on mine too.

Jamie C. said...

Lauri, congratulations! double digits is huge! I admire your positive attitude! When you say you only have 5 more fast sundays, that really does sound so soon! I hope that they come and go quickly. Maybe, just for a different outlook you can say, oh man, I only have 5 more dinners with Jamie until he gets home...bummer. That way, you're not as anxious for you husbands return! ;)

Jennifer said...

YEAH! I had Dave's parents drive because I knew I couldn't. You are such a pillar of strength. You are almost there.