Monday, January 28, 2008

Break out the tree


The Christmas tree that is. Those were the words Cora exclaimed as she looked out the window this morning and saw our first snowfall of the winter. "It's Christmas again, get out the Christmas tree." And "Santa can come in his sleigh now." Snowfalls are so magical especially if you can experience them through the eyes of your children. We went outside for a winter walk, saw some kids sledding, threw some snow balls, and came inside for some hot chocolate. Brought back a lot of fond memories from my childhood in Maryland as it didn't snow there that frequently either. All in all we had a fun snowy day...and it's supposed to do the same tonight.
I talked to Cora tonight during family home evening about President Hinckley's passing and her eyes got really big and she was surprised...then told me he will be in my heart. I'm so glad she knew him in pictures, learned of him in Primary, and family home evenings and that she has a love for him as well.

3 comments:

Jamie C. said...

SO cute that Cora thought you needed a Christmas tree to go with the snow! Gabs was so happy when I showed her the snow, then so sad when she saw that first her snowmen lost their heads, then second, when they were gone completely! I'm glad you had fun...let's hope for more!

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...I see, snow = Christmas. Cora is so funny! Snow days really are the best. I remember in Jr. Highschool praying for tons of snow for the next day, especially when I didn't get all my homework done. As an adult I find myself doing the same thing. Too bad it's raining now.(lol) I guess I'll have to go to class tonight:)

Cathy said...

Emma said almost the exact same thing! "It's Christmas time again!"
Love the darling snow pics!
I am so sad that my girls won't know President Hinckley as I did but he will always be a great example to them.