Sunday, January 27, 2008

He Will Be Missed


Our dear Prophet President Gordon B. Hinckley passed away this evening at 7pm MST. To say he will be missed is an understatement, but to know that he is reunited with his beloved wife Marjorie brings joy to my heart. I cannot explain how I felt everytime I heard him speak. I am so grateful for his example, his service to all, his love for his wife, and his devotion to the Gospel of Jesus Christ. My life was blessed and infuenced for good because of such a great work that he did on this earth. My condolences to your wonderful family, may they be blessed and comforted at this time. One of my favorite Hymns is "We Thank Thee Oh God For A Prophet". My heart is full of thanks and gratitude for this wonderful man this evening and always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post, Laurie. I mean what a great way to share your testimony. He will be missed, but I always try to look on the bright side. At least he's now with Mrs. Hinckely and he won't need that cane anymore. I love and am thankful for his devotion to the gospel. Thank you, President Hinckley.

Sara said...

All I have to say is AMEN!