Thursday, January 17, 2008

To Each Their Own


Here is our little Cora moving through life with a smile in her heart and ready to tackle a challenge. She was about 18 months here and we were in Florida during Darryl's 1st deployment. This picture is so Cora, full of energy with a zest for life. She's always been our little athlete throwing and hitting balls at such an early age. Already swimming and diving by herself. She loves to play with toy animals and also loves to draw and make pictures. She is always full of questions and makes friends everywhere we go. I love her little personality.


Here is Shay on the same street at about the same age during Darryl's 2nd deployment taken about 3 weeks ago.
Notice she is just strolling along takin' it easy. Shay on the other hand loves to dressup, put necklaces on, play mommy and use the toy kitchen. Not only do they both look so different..Cora with her springy curls and Shay with not even a wave in her hair, their personalities are also very unique to themselves. It's funny how these pictures capture each of them so perfectly. The best part is that even with all of their differences they already love each other so much. Sisters...so different but yet the same.


Here is an ode to my sister as well. We also look very different and have different talents but one thing we know how to do is enjoy the time we spend together...I'm so glad I am so close with my own sister. *She's always been there to lean on. I can only hope Cora and Shay will share a similar relationship. I Love you Lisa.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

very cool post!

Anonymous said...

I know exactly what you mean. I feel the same way about my sisters. I love the pics!

Jamie C. said...

Aren't sisters the best? I just can't relate to having two girls looking completely opposite...but both are adorable! I love that picture of Cora, it looks just like her, and Shay is so super cute! I bet your sister feels just as lucky to have you!