Friday, March 7, 2008

Perspective


So this past week I kinda felt like this picture. The weight of our little lives on my shoulders. Darryl was off on a mission to fix computers somewhere in Iraq. He was not able to say where. I hate when he travels over there and it seems like he's been doing that an aweful lot lately. I knew we wouldn't get to talk to him for the duration of his trip, so that made the week even harder. Thanks to friends and various activities I was able to get thru and focus on other things. An email was sent to me earlier in the week by a friend where you type in your birth month and date and a scripture comes up. So here is mine.

Matthew 11:28
“Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

What a perfect scripture to put things in perspective.
So last night Darryl was finally able to call and said it was a successful mission. It was so good to hear his voice after a long week. Now I'm looking at that picture from a whole new point of view.


*Funny thought..might ruin the mood of the post..but I was looking at my birthday scripture thinking that would have been very appropriate for my "birth" day espcecially from my Mom's point of view.
Anywho....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool picture! Where was it taken? Also could you post the link to the sight where you got your birthday scripture? It sounds interesting. Yours is pretty neat!

Fisher Family said...

This picture was taken in Colorado Springs, Co. Loved it there. Here is the birthday scripture site. They use the NIV bible, so I just referenced it in the King James.

Fisher Family said...

oops forgot the site
http://www.birthverse.com/mybirthverse.cfm

Cathy said...

I have felt like that before, too, but I couldn't have said it as well as you did! Funny, I was gonig to ask for the birthday scripture link too!

SpaceyKasey said...

I'm glad you made it through your hard week. I think of you often and wish we could all go out there or have you come back here for another girls' night.
Tell Cora Atticus says, "Hi."

Laura said...

Hey friend! It's been a while and I came across this...wow...it's been way too long. I love to read anything you write, it's always beautiful and inspiring. A day doesn't go by when I don't think of you, the girls and Unky Darryl. I LOVE the tulips...something I hold dear to my heart. I brought that pic of us from Madame Tussards to work...I can think back to fun times w/you that way...I need to put our Keukenhof pics into a frame...that would be better. Well...I miss and love you guys.

sixlayerdip said...

Great picture Laurie! I'm so glad Darryl is back safe from his mission. So was the other perspective of that picture that you felt like you were carrying a huge and heavy burden but it was actually light because Christ will make your burdens light it you let him? Or it was light because Darryl was back safe!:) Well, I loved it all the same!