Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Nemo Newsflash!



Nemo has been found! Pretty funny I just wrote my previous post about "remembering Nemo". Never underestimate the power of prayer and the faith of a four year old. We were talking to my parents yesterday after church and Cora exclaims to my parents.."I know where Nemo is". Mind you this is after endless searching. We've been back in Washington since January 8th. And my parents still hadn't found Nemo...till yesterday. Cora then tells them "my mind tells me he is under the bed where Mommy was sleeping in the back." I didn't realize during our conversation my Dad had left to go see if Cora was right. Low and behold he comes back on the phone and tells us "Cora I have a surprise...you were right Nemo was under the bed." I wish I had a camera to capture Cora's face at that moment. Pure joy. Her friend had been found. Her prayers had been answered.

Now the big problem. We were all done. The thumbsucking had ceased. She can fall asleep with out Nemo. Her thumb has healed and her teeth are straightening. My Mom did promise her if they found it they would send it to WA. I think that was just so Cora could feel ok about leaving FL w. out her precious blanket. Now he is on his way back to Washington. Stumped...then tonight I was talking to Cora and she tells me that she is ready to give Nemo to a baby who needs him. What a big girl she has become. I'm so proud of her. Every night after we "lost" Nemo she prayed to Heavenly Father to help us find him. So tonight at family home evening we talked about prayers and how Heavenly Father always hears them and how we need to have faith. I'm so grateful she has learned this powerful lesson and even more grateful she has gained new "security and comfort" within herself and her family. I love you so much Cora. What a big girl you are.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's incredible! Talk about perfect timing! It just shows that the prays of a child are not that different from our to our Heavenly Father. Corra really is a big girl now, to give up her Nemo like that. You must be so happy with her!

The Long Family said...

I love this story. I am so amazed at the faith of children - we could all learn a lot from this!! You have one sweet girl!

Jamie C. said...

That is so crazy that you just posted about that and then found him! Cora must be thrilled. I'm sure she won't go back to sucking her thumb even if she did want to keep Nemo. What a cute story!

Cathy said...

I love how she said it, "my mind tells me..."
She is so cute!

Dana said...

I love it when kids discover for themselves that God really does answer prayers! It's a great testimony builder. What a good example for us adults.

Esther said...

How fun to see her excitement! Hope you are hanging in there.

Sarah said...

That really is a sweet story. Now we just have to get Cora to convince Aubrey to give up her 'lion blankie' for the same reasons . . .

sixlayerdip said...

Wow! That is such a great story! I'm wondering what your dad thought as he crouched down to look under the bed! I would've thought, "Holy Moly" Cora's prayers were really answered! Great!