Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Song Inspired Memory


I was listening to some songs tonight that I haven't heard for such a long time. Almost all of the songs we listen to lately include various Disney tunes, primary songs, or songs with some cartoon character in them. I actually came across a very special song that I first heard right after I found out we were pregnant with Cora. I Can't Count the Stars by Julie de Azevedo. To give a little bit of a back ground we had done in vitro a number of times with negative results. As we waited for news from the Doctor for the results of my blood test I think I ate a whole bag of starbursts I was so nervous. The nurse called and it was so nerveracking...she told me it was positive. I couldn't believe it and I actually asked her if she was joking (only because all of the previous times we had heard a negative answer). She said she would never joke about something like that. I couldn't get a hold of Darryl on his phone so I decided to drive on post to tell him the news in person. As I was driving this song played on my CD and my spirit just soared. In all of our years of trying to get pregnant our dream had finally come true. So many prayers, fasting, shots, and surgeries brought us to that moment. Such a wonderful memory. This song made it even more special. Glad I came across it tonight.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Stories of becoming pregnant are always so special when they come from those who have really had to work and pray for it! Songs do that for me too. Sometimes when I hear a special song I just have to totally drop what I'm doing so I can enjoy reliving that moment.

Anonymous said...

When I told Drew I was pregnant he asked, "Are you serious?" And I said, "Yes!" Then he said "Booya!" I guess Drew and I are a differnt breed:) Your story is alot sweeter.

I love it when songs remind me of a past memory. I totally agree with Jen, sometimes you have to just stop and relive the moment:)

Jamie C. said...

That is so great that you have a song that can take you back to that moment. I love that songs and smells can totally surface memories like that. It was nice reading your pregnant Cora story!

SpaceyKasey said...

What a fantastic memory! I love to read your blog...I always feel so uplifted by what you write. You're such an amazing person.

Nicole said...

Fond memories. What a blessing that we have the ability to almost relive a moment in time that brings such sweet joy. I can remember so many details of our first pregnancy and it brings a smile to my face.