Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Reflections on Easter


This is one of my favorite paintings by Greg Olson titled "He is Risen". Today I wanted to write about some of the thoughts and feelings I experienced this Easter. Our church meets at 1pm so we have ample time in the morning to do things. I started reading the March Ensign and the first article was written by President Hinckley on Testifying of Christ. With President Hinckleys recent passing, when I read this article it was as if I was hearing him speak his special testimony of the Savior. I truly felt the Spirit testify to me that the things that I was reading were true.
During church I felt the Spirit again during the talks and especially the music during sacrament meeting. My friend sang one of the special musical numbers and it is one of my favorite songs, He Came For Me. Playing now. The version I am familiar with is sung by Hillary Weeks. Music has always held a special place with me and it really helps me to feel the Spirit. This song especially. I have a special memory of listening to this song with my brother and sister that I treasure.
I teach the 3 yr olds in Primary and this was another time during my day when my testimony of the Savior was strengthened. Their childlike faith was so wonderful to see as I explained to them about the resurection of our Savior. They were so interested and genuinely expressed their love for Him.
This past week I focused a lot on myself. Easter helped to put things back into perspective. I have truly relied on the Savior this year without Darryl. I feel I have grown closer to Him and have felt His love. I know that by going through these experiences on earth it helps us gain knowledge and understanding. I love the Lord and I am grateful for this time that we celebrate that He lives and He is there for us always.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great post; I really like that picture of Christ.