Monday, February 25, 2008

Knock On Wood


I keep talking about the sunshine and spring fever..I just don't want to jinx the weather. Look what we saw Saturday Feb. 23rd...may I point out. Daffodils and crocuses that were already in bloom. It was easy to believe the crocuses were already out...because we have seen a couple in our front yard...but it was just glorious to see those daffodils too. Every season I say this and every season it's the same...but I think spring is my favorite. (Just wait till summer and it will change again). To see the beautiful flowers coming from the ground after it being so cold and brown...it's like a renewal of the earth and spirit at the same time. The best thing is, is that Cora is as excited as I am to see our tulips bloom and the cherry tree outside of her window blossom. She calls it her princess tree. The seasons have been the way she's been counting down Daddy's homecoming. She knows after her princess tree blooms then the leaves will appear and then Daddy will be home shortly after.

We saw these beautiful flowers at the Seattle Temple. Even the flowers know it's hallowed ground. :) As we were were driving past the Temple, Cora started belting out one of my favorite primary songs "I love to see the Temple". I started to tear up and was again so grateful for this wonderful blessing of motherhood. There was a time in my life when I just didn't know if that was going to be the case.(Having children that is). I always catch myself saying that I don't want these little ones to grow up, but as they do, there is something more to treasure at every age. I am so happy to hear of Cora's love for flowers and the Temple. Just a few more of life's little moments to treasure.

8 comments:

sixlayerdip said...

Hi Laurie! This is Laurie!:) I just love all your nature photos! They are so beautiful as are your daughters! Thanks for leaving comments on my site cuz now I can come visit yours!

Jennifer said...

How fun that you went to the Temple. We haven't ever taken our kids up there. Do they have a visitors center?

Fisher Family said...

Jen~
unfortunately no vistor center. But Desert book store is close by and there is the best park right down the street to the right of the temple w. great play grounds, ducks, beautiful fields. Highly reccomend it.

Anonymous said...

I think that it's so great you take the kids up to the temple. It really is so importaant. I just hope Preston's next visit o the temple will be a pleasant one:)

PS. My favorite season is fall. I'm always telling Drew that too much sunshine bothers me. I know weird, huh? I guess I live in the right state:)

Cathy said...

You are such a great Mom! I can't believe you found daffodils out already. I need to take Emma up to the temple again!

Roeckers said...

I love SPRING!!
Since my days back in Darmstadt I have loved spring. The tulips and daffodils springing up on all the grassy road dividers, and on the side of the roads. I can't wait until we finally see spring.

Sara said...

I am also loving this weather and get so excited by my tulips that are making their way towards the sun. Let's hope that it continues! We need a good Spring and Summer!

Nicole said...

Motherhood is such a treasured experience. You are a great mother and it's uplifting to hear you recognize all the good in your children.