Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Spring Fever


I know, I know, it's February but after 2 beautiful days of sunny almost 60 degree weather it kind of makes you think spring is right around the corner. We did see some signs of spring today at Point Defiance Park. The daffodils were up (not blooming yet) and the rhododendrons had pink flowers starting to blossom. We also fed the ducks and ran around the park. We had a a really nice time. Unfortunately I forgot the bread I was saving in the freezer to feed the ducks. Luckily there was a very nice lady and her grandson there and they were more than willing to share the whole loaf of bread they brought. It reminded me of my childhood when we would vist my grandparents who lived on the Chesapeake bay. My Grandpa had some regular ducks that would frequent his back yard. My Grandma would break out the bread from the freezer and we'd feed "the regulars." It was so much fun today seeing Cora enjoy the same thing. Shay would even toss an occasional piece on the ground hoping the ducks would come close so she could get a good look or realistically a poke or prod. So here's to the beautiful days of February in WA. May there be more. :o)

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

which park were you at?

Fisher Family said...

Point Defiance in Tacoma. It's beautiful when the flowers are in bloom. Great for pictures.

Anonymous said...

I love feeding ducks at the pond too!:) I need to go to that park it looks cool.