Thursday, February 14, 2008

Shout Out


So Valentine's Day pretty much stinks if you are away from the one you love. I decided to instead see my glass half full today instead of half empty. Even though my Valentine is thousands of miles away, he still feels close. I'm grateful I can have a fun day with Cora and Shay. A fun tradition that my Dad started every valentines day was to set out a valentines card and treat on the table for us when we woke up. I just played cupid-claus and set out some treats for Cora and Shay. Just what they need in the morning...sugar. Cora made me a Valentine at preschool (I've really looked forward to those homemade crafts) which was so sweet. And Shay is just a little candy sweetheart herself. I wanted to say a special thank you to our friends who thought of us missing Darryl...the marshmellows were yummy. So here is a shout out to my special Valentine. I love you Darryl! I think cupid's arrow can still reach.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh...that's so sweet, and I love that picture! It's like a real magical moment picture:) Oh... for the record, on the holidays it's always ok to give your kids too much sugar!:)

Jennifer said...

Dave sent me flowers via internet the year he was away. When I answered the door I started bawling. Poor delivery guy!!!! You guys take such great pictures together. They really show how inlove the two of you really are. Another fast Sunday is soon approaching. What will that make it? Four???

Nicole said...

Laurie, beautiful pictures! You and the girls are so cute! I like your Valentine tradition.

Dents said...

Wow, that is such a great picture. Laurie, I think of you and your family often. A lot of good that does! I am so glad that Darryl is okay. How scary.

Cathy said...

Awesome pictures! You guys are so cute.