Monday, February 11, 2008

Soccer Anyone?


My first visable injury since I started playing soccer Saturday mornings. It's been so much fun to adorn the the cleats (hot pink) and the shin guards(kids size) again. I can't believe how long it's been since I've played. I guess you can take the girl out of soccer but you can't take soccer out of the girl. It's amazing how it feels when you see a ball flying through the air and try to trap it still on the ground. Or even try a little "give and go pass". I'm glad I remembered some of those things from the good ol' days. It's interesting playing here in WA in the winter...we play rain or shine. Which usually means rain. I'm so glad to have started this hobbie up again and am very grateful to my friends who have watched the girls so I could go. My parents keep telling me I'm too old or I'm really going to get hurt, and then who is going to take care of the girls. I agree w/ the old part...but it seems I can just as easily get hurt doing normal things around the house. Like in the beginning of January when I threw my back out from lifting Shay the wrong way. So here's to our hobbies and what we enjoy doing. I'm proud of my little souvenier (but hope they don't get bigger than that).

6 comments:

April said...

Tyler told me he stepped on your foot Sat. He said it wasn't so bad because it was his toes not his heel. Nice. Good for you for playing with they boyz. You would never find me out there.

Cathy said...

You go girl! I love your tough-girl attitude toward soccer. Your picture is awesome. I like to think that if I wasn't sleep deprived with a newborn at home that I'd be out there playing, too!

Jennifer said...

So you're the soccer chick! Dave told me there was a girl playing. I guess he doesn't know you well enough to recognize you. Way to go.

The Long Family said...

Too old!!! NEVER!! You keep playing - that is so awesome!!

Anonymous said...

Nice! You gattta represent the girl power, yo!

Dana said...

Okay,

If I were more in shape, you might see me out there(cough), but then again, I stink at soccer. Plus, running isn't my forte.